Yesterday was 60 degrees and today.. a blizzard.
New York (especially LI) got hit with some crazy snow so I decided to channel tropical thoughts and create this healthy pineapple chicken dish.
Now, someone please fly me back to Key West so I can relive my sisters wedding at the Hyatt.
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 garlic
- ginger powder
- garlic powder
- 1 olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 20 can pineapple chunks in juice (not syrup!!!) Save the juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. corn starch ( or arrowroot)
- 2 Tbsp. cashews (optional)
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sized chunks and season with garlic powder and ginger powder to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet, add in the chicken and cook until golden
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice in a separate bowl or cup
- Add 1/3 cup of the pineapple juice to the skillet with the chicken. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside
- Squeeze the lime into your pan and add in honey, coconut aminos, cornstarch, and the remainder of pineapple juice
- Bring to a boil stirring very frequently for 3-5 minutes or until thickened
- Add chicken and half of the can pineapple chunks to the pan with the sauce
- Top with cashews and serve over cauliflower rice or regular rice!