This is definitely me… but for the 3 months before and after Halloween
I get so excited for fall and Christmas time that I’m always little ahead of everyone else with the seasons. Okay, lets be honest, A LOT ahead. Around the end of July I’m on Pinterest searching unique Halloween costumes, Googling the best fall festivals on Long Island and even checking out local turkey trots to burn off Thanksgiving dinner!
While everyone is holding onto summer sipping their iced coffees and fruit smoothies I’m counting down the days until Starbucks brings back the Pumpkin Spice Latte (AKA: PSL). But eventually the leaves change color and autumn finally comes and goes and as everyone transitions into the Christmas season, I have been there since Halloween while still holding on to all things pumpkin spice.
There are 7 days until Christmas, the trees are bare and there’s snow on the ground but you better believe I made these pumpkin spice pancakes this morning!
-1 scoop vanilla chai Fitmiss protein powder
– dash of cinnamon
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 packet stevia
– ½ Tbsp. all purpose flour (I used GF)
– 2 Tbsp. pumpkin spice Chobani (any greek yogurt will do)
– 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
– 1 egg (or 3 Tbsp. eggbeaters)
– ½ Tbsp. semi sweet chocolate chips
– cooking spray
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- Mix in wet ingredients
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and on medium-high heat pour in batter. (I made 3 mini pancakes cooking on one side for 3 minutes, flipping, and cooking the other side for about 1 minute).
- Top with Greek yogurt, nuts, more chocolate chips, pumpkin froyo, maple syrup, whipped cream, peanut butter, or whatever else your heart desires.
Nutritional Facts made with egg (just pancakes, no toppings):
Serving size: 1
Nutritional Facts made with eggbeaters (just pancakes, no toppings):
Serving size: 1