My entire website and content was deleted so I’m currently in the process of recovering any saved posts from my laptop. I created this pesto recipe during my pre-almond allergy days (good times, good times). It was always a favorite and goes great on salad, sandwiches, veggies, etc. Using almonds also means less calories and fat than the traditional pesto made from pine nuts.
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- 12 basil leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Romano cheese (I use Locatelli)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Add all of your ingredients (EXCEPT the olive oil) into a food processor
- Pulse and scrape the sides of the food processor until the ingredients transform into a paste
- With the food processor on, add in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Turn it off and scrape the sides. Continue this process for the remaining two Tablespoons.
- Enjoy your healthy pesto over chicken, spaghetti squash, pasta, or zoodles (zucchini noodles) !
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.