I cant even begin to tell you how burnt out I am from my dietetic internship and masters program. The 8 hour days PLUS an additional 3-4 hours of homework, exams, etc. is really sucking the life out of me.
And even though I have the weekends to get ahead of my work, I end up doing the bare minimum so that I can do more important things like go to salt caves, farmers markets, coffee shops and 50% off sales at 5:00AM.
My sister, Candyce and I woke up at 5:00AM on Sunday to go a big half off sale at a boutique called Ooh La La.
Mind you, my internship is completely unpaid. But someone at the Gap thought it was a good idea to approve me for a Visa….
Anyways, I originally wanted to do a more elaborate recipe, but for lack of time I decided to go with a basic cauliflower mash. Sometimes it’s difficult to find such a simple and quick recipe so I think this worked out for the best. I whipped this side up in minutes and my family found it creamy and delicious. Feel free to add in chives, rosemary, thyme, cheese, or whatever other mixings you desire.
- 1 head of cauliflower (you may also use the frozen cauliflower)
- 1 cup less sodium chicken broth (or bone broth or vegetable broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Jackson Honest Chips as topping (I get mine at Whole Foods or Wild by Nature)
- Cut head of cauliflower into florets and steam until tender
- Place ½ of the steamed florets into a food processor or blender ( I used the Vitamix)
- Add ½ cup of your chicken broth and blend until smooth
- Remove the blended mash and place in a bowl
- Toss the other ½ of florets into your blender, add the remaining ½ cup of broth and blend until smooth
- Remove mash and add into the bowl with the first batch
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Crush up your yummy Jackson Honest chips and sprinkle on top!