I’m not a huge fruit person. As a child all of my friends would reach into their lunch-boxes at snack time and pull out an apple or banana. Meanwhile my dad hooked me up with chocolate chip mini muffins and a fruit rollups. http://citizenpower.com/?p=225 LIT.
But veggies were never a problem. Throw some ranch on the side and watch me go to town on a plate of raw carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Now, as an adult I’ve developed allergies to a significant amount of fruits so just more of a reason to stay away. This smoothie is not too sweet but it is creamy, filling and gets you buzzing with energy. Since my stress levels have been through the roof I decided to add some Root and Bones Reishi powder. This powder is an adaptogenic herb so if you have a lot of stress and anxiety in your day to day life just a teaspoon each day goes a long way. These adaptogens keep your body at an even keel by supporting your adrenals and thus decreasing your stress response. If you can’t get to a yoga class and make time to distress yourself then you should look into these ancient medicinal plants. Click HERE to get your Reishi on!
- 1 cup nut milk (I used macadamia milk)
- 1 cup water
- ½ jicama
- ½ juiced lemon
- 1 cup steamed kale (raw kale is no bueno for your thyroid and will have you sprinting to the bathroom all day)
- ¼ avocado
- 1 tsp. Root and Bones Reishi (good for Stress relief)
- 1 tsp. Maca powder (good for thyroid)
- ¼ – ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 packet stevia
- 5-8 mint leaves
- Blend together nut milk, water and jicama
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy!