I’m finally coming to terms with the fact that the groundhog was right and 6 more weeks of winter is among us. If you live on Long Island you were most likely off on todays “snow day”. By me it was legit rain. RAIN! I got all psyched for nothing. Despite the non-treacherous driving conditions I still had that snow day mentality, so I bummed around the house in my pajamas for hours before realizing I had no excuse to not get my ass BUTT to the gym.
Side Note: I gave up red meat and cursing for lent (two very big sacrifices for me). One is going much better than the other..
When I came home from my workout I had this delicious salad and my quick and easy Avocado Citrus Dressing. I meant to add cilantro to the recipe but totes forgot to pick some up at the store. Overall it tastes creamy and refreshing and is very similar to tzatziki sauce.
My next blog post will be about listening to your body and how cutting back on exercise can actually help you lose weight.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar with the mother
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey (optional)
- Purée all ingredients adding 1 tbsp of water at a time to thin to your preferred consistency
- spinach or other leafy green
- roasted organic chicken
- Root and Bones Cordyceps (this is an adaptogenic herb I use to manage stress and give me energy)
- vegetables of your choice (I did steamed carrots and broccoli,cauliflower rice, and organic bell pepper)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallion
- Sprinkle the root and bone cordyceps on your chicken and toss
- Throw all ingredients in a bowl and top with your avo citrus dressing!