If you follow my CrunchandLunch Instagram you probably know I can be pretty delayed with transferring my IG posts and recipes on to my blog. For that, I sincerely apologize.
About a week ago I headed over to GNC for my usual supplements and box of questbars (since they have a buy 2 bars get 1 free deal). Naturally, I stick to double chocolate chunk and cookies and cream (Duh!!), but last week the coconut cashew bar caught my eye. I bought a few to experiment with, test, and try. The first try on this coconut cream quest pie was actually spot on!
Want to know the best part?
…This recipe is Candyce Approved (my sister)
I do have one warning before attempting this super simple recipe: WATCH YOUR TOASTING COCONUT! I nearly set my house on fire via toaster oven. Thank the Lord my Mom heard me freaking out, (she deals with these situations much better than I do.)
If you would like to watch a fun 15 second recipe tutorial video accompanied with some killer tunes head over to my Instagram page, CrunchandLunch.
- Coconut cashew questbar
-Non stick cooking spray
-1 Tbsp. Sugar free jello pudding (i used white chocolate but vanilla is fine)
- 1/4 Cup fat free milk
-A drop of coconut extract (be ever so careful and taste the cream to see if you want to add a smidge more)
-1 tsp toasted coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Cut questbar in half and roll each half out
3. Very lightly spray 2 muffin tins and press questbar inside
4. Bake for 7 minutes or until fluffy and edges have browned
5. In a small bowl combine pudding powder, milk, and coconut extract. Stir and let sit– it should thicken.
6. Toast coconut in oven for a couple of minutes (watch it carefully! I started a fire the first time)
7. Top each mini crust with cream and toasted coconut
Nutritional Facts(with toasted coconut):
Serving size: 2 mini pies